Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

Lately, I've been watching a lot of made-for-TV movies on Netflix. Did anyone see Pizza My Heart? I think you'll like it.  It's Romeo and Juliet set in Verona, NJ with two rival families, the Montebellos and the Prestolanis. It's about true love and the pizza parlors that define it. 
Did you love Emily Mortimer's outfit in Hugo? I just watched the movie a few days ago and loved it so much. I cried at the end when Mr. Méliès addressed the crowd, 
  
 “As I look out at all of you gathered here, I want to say that I don't see a room full of Parisians in top hats and diamonds and silk dresses. I don't see bankers and housewives and store clerks. No. I address you all tonight as you truly are: wizards, mermaids, travelers, adventurers, and magicians. You are the true dreamers.” 
On Christmas Eve Eve I rode my bike to get my hair cut and dyed. It was so delightful and relaxing going to a salon. I think it's been 5 years.
While waiting for the dye to process, I read W Magazine and learned two very important things.  1. A Japanese study found that beauty begins to fade at age 35.09.  2. Cameos are cool again. Thanks W Magazine. 
The floor in the salon.
Here is an after picture.  It's a really rich dark brown with a little bit of red in it.  I will show you better pictures in future posts.  Merry Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

kieren said...

your hair looks beautiful. i am so jealous. i just cut my hair too. i cut off 6 inches, because it was dry and gross and driving me crazy. now that i see your long beautiful hair, though, i have regrets about cutting mine. ugh. also; made-for-tv christmas movies. i LIVE for them. this holiday season i have been staying tuned to ABC family, because they have the best ones. i swoon over anything starring mark-paul gosselaar or and/or dogs in santa hats. pizza my heart sounds right up my alley. there is also a movie called "a diva's christmas carol" starring circa 1999 vanessa williams and kathy griffin that is TO DIE FOR. scott watched it twice on christmas. all by himself the second time. i think he might be giving it to dave for (a late) christmas present, so i probably should shut up about it. but it has some of the best lines ever. vanessa williams is named "ebony scrooge," and she snaps her fingers in a diva way and calls people "ms. thang." you will love it.

Rachel said...

Kieren!!!! I can't wait to see you and watch A Diva's Christmas Carol!!! I'm gong to love it!

the brundages said...

Your hair looks so pretty and long, they're almost covering your tats!

Elizabeth said...

super late to the party on this one, but i love made-for-tv movies. i saw 'pizza my heart' when it first aired :) i haven't seen 'hugo' yet but everyone is saying great things.