Monday, August 29, 2011

Homemade Butterfinger

Yesterday, I made homemade butterfinger from Not Without Salt. I didn't have a candy thermometer so I followed the 'bowl of cold water method' I found googling. While the sugar was boiling, I tested a spoonful of the syrup in a bowl of very cold water to see what stage it was in. After you drop the crystallized sugar in the bowl, you shape it into a ball underwater. When you take it out of the bowl you can examine the texture and shape to find out what stage it's in.  I had the best high while making these. I really felt like a scientist.  Also, Our Idiot Brother is hilarious and I want to watch it a million more times and live Paul Rudd's life at the end of the movie. 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That sounds amazing! I'll have to try it.

Also, I really want to see My Idiot Brother since a good number of my girl crushes are in it.

kieren said...

Just two guys and a dog. Making candles. It really would be the perfect life.

Listen, OMG, those homemade butterfinger things look AMAZING. I don't even know how you can eat things like that, and pizza bread, and still stay this little tiny wisp of a thing. How? Is it your magic? Can you teach me? The only magic I know is this one crummy spell that makes it so I can understand Cat and Snake language. But it's seriously not even that big of a deal, and it only works some of the time, when I don't screw it up.

rachel said...

seriously! Just two guys and a dog making candles is the best casper van damn life ever! AND you don't know what you are talking about. You've never seen the jiggle jiggle of my cellu-thighs and tummy.