Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

We live a street away from 3 little movie theaters right next to each other that show movies in their original language. We couldn't have picked a better neighborhood to live in, since we love movies. The movie theaters usually show a few big big budget movies, at the moment Salt and Deception, but mostly independent movies.  Last week we saw Woody Allen's You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger. I loved it. It was so Woody Allen; just a lot of fun with opening credits like a play, a narrator, good actors/actresses (I loved them all, but I especially liked Anthony Hopkins,Emma Jones, and Josh Brolin's characters), pretty cinematography, hilarious dialogue, and a Shakespearean ending.  I recommend it to all! US release date: September 23,.

7 comments:

Menis Daimon said...

Don't promote Woody Allen. He had sex with a mentally disabled minor that he adopted with his wife. He's gross. Spain looks pretty cool. If you are going to be oversaturated with anything, it is best to be oversaturated in movies theatres. GA is oversaturated in churches and McDonald's. I'd like to visit you sometime, but I probably won't. Enjoy yourself and your vacation from this modern Rome.

Rachel said...

the three little movie theaters put together are almost as big as a Cinemark. Woody Allen is gross, but I like his movies. Madrid is oversaturated with McDonald's anc churches too.....and Starbucks,BurgerKing, and KFC.

Rachel said...

Soon-Yi is Mia Farrow's adopted daughter. Woody Allen dated Mia Farrow, but they were never married, so technically Soon-Yi was not his daughter and she was an adult when they started dating. And apparently, Woody Allen never lived with Farrow and the kids. Also, I mix Woody Allen up with Larry David in my head, so that makes me feel better about the whole situation. Although, when you read this I'm disgusted again:"Allen and Farrow's biological son, Ronan Seamus Farrow, said of Allen: "He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression. I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent...I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children."[wikipedia}

Andy said...

I feel like you're rubbing in the fact that you got to see this already.

Oh well. Congratulations.

Miss you guys.

Rachel said...

I have to rub something in. It's just so hard living here (sarcasm). I can't see most new releases, there's no taco bell, and i can only find one kind of tortilla chips and salsa plus Delta lost my two suitcases filled with all of my clothes. I miss you too.

Nadya said...

Hi Rachel, I see that you're already in Madrid - hope you're settling in ok! Nadya x

mina said...

Oh, you're sooo European now - rubbing early releases in our faces. I want to see this movie. I find Woody Allen terribly irritating and endearing at the same time.

I wish I didn't read that quote from Woody Allen's son above. Sick.