Sunday, August 1, 2010

Betty Jean

I've just been hanging out with my Granny at a hospice in Texas. While in bed, we were talking about heaven. I don't think I've ever used the phrase, "feeling the spirit", but if there was ever a time I really felt it, it was today while we discussed heaven. I felt so much love and peace in the room. I/We knew, without a doubt(another phrase I don't use)that if heaven has a ghetto part that she would not be going there. She will go to the very best part and "we all get keys to come up to her mansion (post-edit:log cabin)". She's Betty Jean and she's not a Mormon.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your Granny is such a wonderful example of being a strong, loving, faithful woman that we can all look up to and have wonderful memories of. You are a good granddaughter and I know you will cherish this time you got to spend with her. I look forward to visiting her mansion some day.

wishful nals said...

so sweet. thinking of you! :)

the brundages said...

Ra! I'm glad you're getting time to spend with your granny. Listen, enjoy and try to understand every moment with her. It's a cool part of their life to experience with them. Love you and hope to see you soon!

Andy said...

I also love Granny.

Maybe my next trip will be to east Texas to say hello.