Monday, November 16, 2009

a whale's life for me....

We went on a hike to China Beach, which is part of the Juan de Fuca Provincial Park. The forest was so mossy and mystical.....
and so was this car.
and then we made it to China Beach...I was amazed: of all the pebbles and seashells...
the surfers and their wetsuits having some sort of intense arm raising conversation...
 
because, old ladies always use their stick canes to get down from logs.
David posed with a sword.....
I cleaned my seashells in the forest.
I've decided what I want to do with my life. I'm going to be a North Pacific humpback whale. They spend their summer months in Alaska and British Columbia and then off to Hawaii for the winter. They also live a long time, one humback whale lived to be 211!

8 comments:

Stephanie J. Robertson said...

can i be one too?? mystical indeed.

r o y a l said...

I would love to meet your instax mini!! We should plan a rendezvous... also, I am LOVING forest pictures right now, so this is right up my alley.

AJ said...

i love the great north.

what a wonderful travel log.

Libby said...

i love this trip! and the mystical moss.

rachel said...

oh thank you......i got bored with my blog, so i'm pretending it's a professional travelouge.

Caroline said...

What a laudable life goal, being a whale! Or being a professional travelouge-er, for that matter. That's what I'm pretending to be at the moment as well.

p.s. I'm coming to Utah tomorrow. Is it too cold to bear yet?

mina said...

these pictures are fantastic - you guys look like you had so much fun.

r o y a l said...

One day you should dress me ok?